[Wolves] Re: Hello - first post from me !

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 10:50:55 BST 2005

On 5/15/05, Tim Childe <tim.childe.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well every email package I've ever used puts your NEW text at the top,
> with any quoted text below as a reference.
>
> Anyway, it's not posting your reply above the question as the question
> is avove it in the previous post ;-)
>
> Assuming, of course, you have a decent threading email program.
>
> And gmail actually hides the quoted text, so you don't see it anyway
> unless you want to.
>
> Tim.C
>
> ps just to keep everyone happy, I won't put the quote in at all !!
>
> --
> Tim.C

My preferred e-mail client in Window$ machines is Pegasus Mail.  I've
used it since it 'nearly' first became available.  Not absolutely true
OSS as it's free as in beer but not Free as in speech.  I've always
had the option to put any reply exactly where I want it to go
automatically.  I'm fairly usre I can do the same with KMail.  I use
KMail because I can import my Pegasus mail boxes into it without too
much fuss.

With GMail I just scroll down to underneath the first lot of quoted text.

It's no big deal for me but you should be aware that some people, I
refer to other lists now, od seem to have a major problem with top
posting.  Do it once and they bite your head off.  Do it again and you
get the mother of all flames.  Silly, but it happens unfortunately.
Personally I thought the whole concept of flame wars had died out a
long, long time ago.  If I have a real grouch with somebody I mail
them off list (whatever list it is) as arguments do not, IMHO, have
any place in a public mailing list.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer