[Wolves] Upgrade Advice

Peter Evans zen8486 at zen.co.uk
Mon May 16 12:01:01 BST 2005

Just want to double check my logic on this before I totally trash my system...

Finally took the plunge and got SuSE 9.3 at the weekend and I'm keen to
upgrade my current 9.1 install.

My system is partitioned such that I can leave my /home partition untouched
and install over the existing partitions.  But if I do that then I'll retain
all of the user specific settings for KDE etcetera, which may not be for the
best.

Is there a recognised 'best practice' for what I'm trying to do?

Ultimately all I want to keep between distro's is my email and some of the
documents and downloads I've got on the machine.  But with no access to an
external hard-drive I'm a bit limited in my options.

Any advice is gratefully received.
--
Regards,

Pete Evans