[Wolves] RE: why does Ubuntu ask for cd

Deusiah deusiah at gmail.com
Tue May 17 08:49:53 BST 2005

I second that, what's Ubuntu without all the repos's? I don't know why
the excluded them because I think it's very confusing for new users.
The forum is littered with posts complaining a certain program a
tutorial has told them to get is not there.

A bit OT but since you mentioned the backports repos, Is is just me or
have they been going mega slow lately? Over the last two or three
weeks any download from them drops below 1 KB/ps.

In the end I got fed up of waiting and got what I wanted to install
(the java SDK) myself. Sometimes apt-get makes you lazy :)

Chris