[Wolves] RE: why does Ubuntu ask for cd

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Tue May 17 09:05:29 BST 2005

Deusiah wrote:

>I second that, what's Ubuntu without all the repos's?

A *FREE* Software distribution ;-)

Universe and multiverse are turned off by default because people need to
understand they are activating none supported software, anything that
goes wrong here isn't ubuntu's fault and the non-free stuff in outside
repo's isn't in ubuntu by choice, the decisions not to support non-free
and patent fubared software were made by the community council really
early on (and I am pretty sure Shuttleworth would have forced that
through in his role as dictator if they didn't make that choice) and
well documented on the site.

sparkes