[Wolves] Why does Ubuntu want the CD to install portmap?

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Tue May 17 16:06:24 BST 2005

Peter Cannon wrote:

>On Tuesday 17 May 2005 11:29, Steve Parkes wrote:
>

>>Windows is still hard to administer properly which is why there are so
>>many MSCE's around.
>>

>Not true me old cocker, theres 20 Billion MSCE's in the UK because every time
>a company goes tits up the government bombards the ex employee with a free
>two week training course with exam at the end to get them supposedly back
>into employment.

It doesn't matter how they got them, they have them and there's always
plenty of windows admin jobs to go around.  Show me a company with more
than a handful of computers with no clueful administrator and I'll show
you a company with the potential for a computer nightmare.

Plus you would need significant experience (or at least book knowledge)
to do the full msce in two weeks that's about an exam every two days.  I
know people working in admin who couldn't get an mcp in their prefered
area in two weeks ;-)  not that I think exams are worth a whole lot
anyway but credit to the people on this list with msce they know what
they are meant too and that's the case with more than 50% of the msce's
I have met however they first got started on the exams.

sparkes