[Wolves] What makes Gnome/KDE slow?

Deusiah deusiah at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:05:30 BST 2005

OK I just made my desktop around 50% faster. I got fed up of Gnome
sluggishness (as I often do) and so fired up XFCE.

XFCE is nice but it's not gnome so I killed the XFCE panels, fired up
nautilus which induced the gnome desktop and a few other things, then
I started gnome-panel and gnome-volume-manager. Now what I'm looking
at is a gnome desktop by appearance however it performs like XFCE
(perhaps slightly sower). Even Gnome Terminal and Firefox are much
faster.

There has to be some obvious major catch to doing this right?

Chris