[Wolves] Ubuntu Normal CD vs Live CD

mad-malc at tiscali.co.uk mad-malc at tiscali.co.uk
Wed May 18 21:24:01 BST 2005

Hi Chris
I would be inclined to load the live CD to check for any hardware/driver
problems first then, use the cd writer to back up valued data. If there is
sufficient space on the hard drive I would then install ubuntu or another
distro alongside ME making it a dual boot machine. Just in case there is
a favourite can not do without application (such as emails stored in outlook).
If you do take ME out entirely with the machine being a Time machine I doubt
they supplied a genuine ME install disc but just gave out a system restore
disc, which restores from a 'hidden' partition, so once taken off the machine
ME would not be salvagable.

Mad Malc

Book yourself something to look forward to in 2005.
Cheap flights - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/flights/
Bargain holidays - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/holidays/