[Wolves] Installing Windows after Linux

Deusiah deusiah at gmail.com
Thu May 19 08:45:07 BST 2005

I have been searching for info on the net regarding this for some time
but I can't seem to find what I want, just people who have lost their
GRUB MBR.

I currently have a legal with a capital I version of WinXP that I used
as a games OS only. I recently required a legal copy of 2K which I
want to install over XP because not only is it legal but I also prefer
2K to XP. I want to avoid 2K writing over my MBR so how would I go
about this? Is there some tool that can back up the MBR or do I just
have to wipe it, boot a live CD and somehow reinstall GRUB?

Thanks,
Chris