[Wolves] Peter's 5 Problems?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu May 19 10:15:17 BST 2005

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 20:13, David Goodwin wrote:

> > 2. I currently have about five Linux problems one very serious but I've
> > not bothered any of these guy's with them.
>
> Go on then Peter, give my brain something to think about, as long as
> it's not a GUI related problem (e.g. Why can't I resize XXXX when YYYY
> and AAAA occurs)....

Cheers for the offer, now don't laugh! remember TimC's post regarding booting?
guess what?

My power supply kept cutting out plus the CMOS battery went tits up somehow
grub got corrupted I tried all my own advice with limited success.

I used a crane and low loader to haul my PC to work and replaced the faulty
hardware, I didn't realise how heavy the thing is, no wonder I need six extra
cooling fans!

I could get XP to boot and I could mount Suse 9.2 (under a rescue disc) but
Suse refuses to boot.

Hopefully its academic as I took possession this morning of Suse 9.3 (got it
cheaper than Amazon is charging) so tonight I may do an upgrade install first
and see how that goes then wipe it and do a fresh install.

Having used the Suse 9.3 live CD Kevan burnt for me its obvious I'm still not
going to get sound this pisses me off because all the other Distro's sound
works so it must be something specifically connected with Suse.

I'm still getting those HDD read error messages on this Laptop, I don't think
the hard drive is shagged as its not clunking and grinding I think for some
reason Fedora no longer likes the FAT partition but again this is academic as
I'll be wiping this as well in June when FC4 comes out.

Finally the most serious issue, Why are 18 year old sex kittens no longer
interested in me?

Ta Da

--

Regards,