[Wolves] Installing Windows after Linux

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 10:22:00 BST 2005

On 5/19/05, Deusiah <deusiah at gmail.com> wrote:
 I want to avoid 2K writing over my MBR so how would I go
> > > about this? Is there some tool that can back up the MBR or do I just
> > > have to wipe it, boot a live CD and somehow reinstall GRUB?

May be I have this wrong but I thought you should be able to install
Windows (NT5 and later) and it will allow dual booting without messing
the MBR?  Or is it too early in the morning...

As for comparing XP and Win2k.  I have both and 2k is better.  XP was
aimed at the home market, yes even XP Pro.  Win2k was meant as a
business tool.  It's rare, in fact I honestly cannot remember the last
time, for Win2k to crash.  I've had problems with XP though even
though it's got the latest service packs etc, etc, etc.

Still prefer to use Linux though when I can :-)
--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street