[Wolves] Make Gnome Fast! [Was: What makes Gnome/KDE slow?]

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 09:55:12 BST 2005

On 5/20/05, Steve Parkes <sparkes at westmids.biz> wrote:
> Deusiah wrote:
>

> >I'm not content with the fact that it's faster, I want to know why
> >it's faster so if anyone could shine some light on that I would be
> >most grateful.

Considering Sparkes' thoughts, how about doing your timings again,
Chris.  First on an initial boot speed (and I presume loading of
various programs etc) then after the PC has been running for say a few
days.  That's obviously assuming that you leave your PC running
overnight?  It is possible that the speed increase is indeed genuine
but perhaps would only apply to PC's that are switched on in the
morning then off again at night.  I don't mean to be disparaging about
this so I apologise if it comes across as such.  What I'm getting at
is run some more controlled tests.  I think you could be onto
something big :-)
--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer