[Wolves] was (no subject) I need help

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 11:35:28 BST 2005

On 5/20/05, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Ive re-sent this as I think it might get lost under the current thread.
>
> OK, so I installed/Upgraded to 9.3 last night everything went fine except the
> thing wont boot normally.

I snipped the rest out :-)

It's not much help but my feeling is that perhaps GRUB is expecting
something to be there and is choking because it isn't.  My first step
when this sort of thing happens is (sorry if this sounds boring
because I've said it so many times) to clean the disk drive lens.  It
has made huge differences to my installs in the past.  I did recently
change my drive in my Linux tin and suddenly everythig goes on a lot
smoother.  The drive seemed to work fine and would read stuff but if I
tried an install it always came up with between one and about 5
errors.  Always different.  Hence my suggestion...  Sorry I can't
offer more :-(

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer