[Wolves] Linux for idiots

mad-malc at tiscali.co.uk mad-malc at tiscali.co.uk
Fri May 20 22:56:00 BST 2005

Bazza wrote
It's games and Dreamweaver that keeps that XP partition for me.

Couldn't agree more, I was not setting out to knock any particular Distro
(XP included) with my experiment...
My Experiment proved to me, we will never get a one size fits all, works
straight out of the box, solution. But also the only reason XP/Windows is
supported is because it's so big, if you do a 'Distro' type install with
Windows you get almost nothing, you are reliant on 3rd party drivers for
almost all of your hardware, due no doubt to the economic fact that if supplier
X's hardware was supported out of the box then supplier Y would scream foul...
That's where linux scores.

Mad Malc

Book yourself something to look forward to in 2005.
Cheap flights - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/flights/
Bargain holidays - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/holidays/