[Wolves] was (no subject) I need help

mad-malc at tiscali.co.uk mad-malc at tiscali.co.uk
Fri May 20 23:05:57 BST 2005

Dick Turpin wrote
>So XP boots up fine now. I then tried *Repair* again under Suse, no joy
>did the Windows bit again then tried removing grub then reinstalling,
>this is where it gets funny now.
>
>Grub appears to start working I get Stage 1.5. (Not seen that one
>before) then I get Error 17 I'll have to find out what that means unless
>anyone knows?
I'm confused with what did you remove Grub?
In my limited experience if SUSE recognises the SUSE install it will fix
the boot under 'Repair'.
There is the possibility of a failing hard disc but must admit I'm baffled.

Mad Malc

Book yourself something to look forward to in 2005.
Cheap flights - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/flights/
Bargain holidays - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/holidays/