[Wolves] Numlock in Ubuntu - solved

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 12:14:11 BST 2005

--- Deusiah <deusiah at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/24/05, Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > So I did a lot of googling and came across a util
> > called numlockx and
> > now seem to have numlock enabled at boot time.

> Thanks for this Ad, Until now I had just pressed num
> lock to turn the
> keypad on. I knew it could be changed but it's one
> of those things I
> never have the time to mess about and look for a
> solution for as I'm
> always working on something when I turn it on and
> think to myself "I
> should really look into setting that to on at boot
> when I get the
> time".

Exactly the same here. It used to do my head in and I
just made a passing comment to Aq one night on the
list and he came back at me with a solution.
Unfortunately it was, as he stated, not a trivial
thing, but that knowledge armed me enough to find
another way. A few other people liked having numlock
on too so I thought I'd post it here.

You might actually have to turn numlock on the first
time, I can't remember, but it stays on afterwards.

Glad to be of help.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk