[Wolves] Yahoo! upgrade

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Thu May 26 20:33:22 BST 2005

Peter Oliver wrote:

>> and yours becomes either 1^m or 1/m away from infinity.
>

> Bzzt!  What exactly is "away from infinity" supposed to mean?

yeah, I sort of understand it.  you are always an infinte distance from
infinity because infintity is always infinite ;-) but because you take
and infinite number of steps you have already have infinity.

That's where I was lost on Aq's while it's easy to see how your example
represented infitinity because we can understand the difference between
one and two and understand after infinte generations the gap becomes
infintely small but aq's formula to real infinity screws with the mind.

The phrase tends towards infinity really screws with people who haven't
done the groundwork.  Once infinity is around is the answer always
infinity (1 + infinity = infinty seems to make sence  but
infinity/infinity gets scary) or are there special cases where infinity
is no longer infinite and reenters the world mere mortals understand?

sparkes
--
I had three pieces of limestone on my desk, but I was terrified to find
that they required to be dusted daily, when the furniture of my mind was

- Henry David Thoreau, "Walden"