[Wolves] Re: Wolves Digest, Vol 88, Issue 15

Peter Cannon highwayman.turpin at gmail.com
Sun May 29 20:46:09 BST 2005

On Sunday 29 May 2005 18:18, sparkes wrote:
> Baza wrote:
> > On 29 May 2005, at 17:45, roundyz wrote:
> >> I got freeview too, I spent a fortune on a new arial

I had to, running three TV's off one areal I've now got one of those big f-off
ones that NASA use to track satelites with a three way digital splitter in
the loft it took two guys a couple of hours to set up and all the local
pigeons use it as a gang meeting place.

> > yeah same here. it's mega arse. I can only get the main chans most of
> > the time.

I don't think its all its cracked up to be either instead of 5 channels of
dross I've now got, what, 20 odd channels of dross.

Our reception is pretty good, however I bought the wife one of those dab
radios but we cant get heart FM on the dab (from its own areal) she can get
it on FM though so thats a wasted £130.00 :-(

> I think you are all trying too hard. I put freeview in Thomas' room with
> a 30 quid digibox and the arial from our camping tv ;-)

Thats because you're a tight sod ;-)

Actually I solved the problem late last night, during the day I phoned one of
these whizz'o, I can fix anything you sucker type places who quoted a
starting price of £150.00.

Just before that crappy remake of Mean Machine came on last night I thought,
"Hang on a minute this TV has software now how would I fix this on a PC,
reboot, but surely thats what happens when you switch off? ah but what
happens if I get it to scan in the channels and switch off halfway through?
in theory it should wipe the memory"

Thats exactly what I did and it worked when I switched back on I had no
channels at all set the Digital scan off and hey presto all back to normal.

--
Regards
Dick Turpin
highwayman.turpin at gmail.com