[Wolves] Shockwave via Crossover with firefox, any one done this?

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Fri Nov 4 16:52:12 GMT 2005

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 13:33:58 +0000 (GMT), Bobby Singh <bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I tried using crossover with shockwave. But using
> www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/ and other
> websites, it just hangs or don't work.  Basically the
> 'shockwave loading bar' comes up, dissapears and then
> just hangs, stays there.

Is shockwave supported by crossover?  Macromedia have a long tradition of using bits of api's they shouldn't and breaking with windows releases could this just be another example?

Plus shockwave sucks and is so 1997 :-)

> 'DLL Loading problem or Debugger Detected or Integrity
> violated'.

This is part of the copy protection on the program.  It thinks you are attempting to discover a way to patch the copy protection by the looks of it.  Just another example of how closed source software doesn't help anybody when they lock out thier customers with legit copies.

Irronically the way I can think to get around this is to use an illegally patched copy which will remove this check as part of the crack.  If the rest of the software will run under wine this at least removes the one problem.

It's like the 'no user serviceable parts' sticker it just forces you to open it up and take a look to see just what is so hot under the covers ;-)

sparkes