[Wolves] Ubuntu Live and drive permissions

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 23:56:23 GMT 2005

Just having a first play with Ubuntu without actually installing! and am
impressed that it finds and sets up bith my firewire and usb hard drives.
However it won't let me copy between the two as they are/were/whatever
XP filesystems although it will let me access them.
Is there a way to copy/paste between the two in Live - like modifying
the drive permissions -can't see anywhere to become root if not already
- thought you would be if you booted the cd, or do you need to do so to
the drives before you look at them with Ubuntu?

Cheers for any help

Wayne