[Wolves] PeterC joins the 21st Century

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Wed Nov 9 19:17:51 GMT 2005

Peter Cannon wrote:
> Evening All
>
> So I took the plunge and now have Broad Band at home.

w00t! you'll be letting the girls talk without being spoken to next ;-)

> I only appear to have
> one problem the phone extension to my system must be faulty in respect of
> ADSL as I'm currently sat on the stairs by my front door using the Laptop.
>
> I need to get either 30ft of ADSL modem cable or a proper extension. Strange
> that the one that is there worked fine for Analog.

It depends on lots of things but in general the closer to where the
cable enters your house is best.

I have had mine running up the stairs along two 100mb ethernet cables
for the last two years with no probs (until the last couple of weeks
that is) so ymmv

sparkes

--
nerdwear and geekgear__    http://nerd.ws