[Wolves] PeterC joins the 21st Century

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 22:19:48 GMT 2005

On 09/11/05, Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I need to get either 30ft of ADSL modem cable or a
> > proper extension. Strange
> > that the one that is there worked fine for Analog.
>
> I think a regular phone extension cable is ok so long
> as it has the right ends on an a microfilter to split
> the signals.
>
> We had a phone extension coming from downstairs to the
> upstairs landing with a microfilter on the every
> socket in the house including the upstairs extension
> which was patched out of a box with the main socket on
> it. Worked fine for me.
>
> Welcome to the real world (and no more of your "Excuse
> me some of us are still on dial up" moaning :)
>
> Ad
>
> --
>
> http://www.drinky.org.uk
>
> http://blog.drinky.org.uk

Pete, my set up is a bog standard extension line (phone cable that is)
from the master BT socket running up to the bedroom.  This cost a
couple of quid from ASDA.  I then have a BB filter on the end with a
cat5e patch cable into the router.  It works fine for me mate.  Check
on the ASDA shelves..

Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street