[Wolves] PeterC joins the 21st Century

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 01:29:49 GMT 2005

Adam Sweet wrote:

>--- Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>I need to get either 30ft of ADSL modem cable or a
>>proper extension. Strange
>>that the one that is there worked fine for Analog.
>>

>I think a regular phone extension cable is ok so long
>as it has the right ends on an a microfilter to split
>the signals.
>
>We had a phone extension coming from downstairs to the
>upstairs landing with a microfilter on the every
>socket in the house including the upstairs extension
>which was patched out of a box with the main socket on
>it. Worked fine for me.
>
>Welcome to the real world (and no more of your "Excuse
>me some of us are still on dial up" moaning :)
>
>Ad

Note that the microfilter is only necessary to prevent you hearing the
modem tones on the phone,
can still use a phone without its just a bit squeaky.'
Suprised noone had produced a phone with 'built in' microfilter so it
'just works' - most of the cost of a microfilter must
be the plug/socket/casing - stick it in the phone and it would add pennies!

--
Wayne Morris
Machx