[Wolves] Sudden sound problems with k/ubuntu???

Bobby Singh bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 15:17:58 GMT 2005

Hello,

Thanks for all your reply.

I have tried all the simple stuff with the sound
problem i have.  Basically installed all gstreamer,
apt-install ubuntu (hoping to re-install my old sound
libs), dist-upgrade etc.  I have also looked at
'multimedia system selctor' tested sound but i get;

- Failed to construct test pipeline for 'OSS - Open
Sound System'

I looked at and tried adjusting everything.  My sound
card is not detected but it works in root.  Kubuntu
has conflicted with sound. So this leaves me with;

1. Get ubuntu to find my sound card (it did before).
2. Use root all the time as sound works.
3. Re-install ubuntu from sctratch to get sound back.

Of course i won't do 2 or 3.  I am going to find out
ways of doing 1.  So its time for some deep research
and using the terminal.  Can anyone give me any
pionters?
I wish i had'nt install kubuntu.  Can i completely
remove this?  When i remove 'kubuntu-desktop' kde
stuff still remains and can still log into  kubuntu.

Cheers

Bobby

PS;  If this dose'nt work i don't what i am going to
do.