[Wolves] Blueyonder

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Sun Nov 13 12:48:10 GMT 2005

On Sunday 13 November 2005 11:28, Stuart Langridge wrote:

> > Do Blueyonder issue fixed IP's? I know nothing about them but my Dad has
> > Blueyonder if he has a fixed IP then I can administer him remotely.
>
> His IP will be dynamic, but just sign him up with dyndns.

you've got me there dyndns?

What?
Where?

I think he said he had just reduced the rate he was on so I don't know if that
has any bearing on your suggestion? also he is using win ME (I Know) he cant
handle that so Linux is out of the question.

I'm getting a bit fed up with the phone calls so was considering sorting stuff
out remotely, if I can.

As an indication of his capabilities he bought Norton Anti-virus, rang this
morning "Pete when I try to update the Norton it wants me to print off
something and my printer won't work"

??????? what the fffffff...

Why an earth would updating the definitions need you to print something?

I'll be buggered if I'm driving 30 mile to sort it out.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

"There is every excuse for not knowing,