slightly OT was Re: [Wolves] Samba in an Active Directories environment

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Thu Nov 17 22:02:41 GMT 2005

Simon Morris wrote:

> * Don't worry about SFU on the MS side - another Red Herring unless
> you want to use NFS on Windows

NFS in MS's windows for unix/unix for windows whatever killed jennies XP
professional machine yesterday meaning I had problems on XP, OSX, Ubuntu
and debian to fix.

Bloody Windows, on the upside after fixing the machine Samba on the osx,
ubuntu and debian boxes was able to authenticate on the XP machine again
meaning I didn't need to run a flaky impliementation of a flaky service
on a flaky OS after all so it's not all bad ;-)

sparkes

--
nerdwear and geekgear__    http://nerd.ws