[Wolves] Samba in an Active Directories environment

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 11:32:35 GMT 2005

On 18/11/05, Old Dan <djones9960 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You're migrating /from/ Debian /to/ SuSE?
>
> Why (oh why)?

I put in a reasonable sized infrastructure for them based on Debian (
which works great by the way ) but the company falls under certain
legal restrictions which require support contracts for key systems.

Support for Debian is.. well, y'know

Unfortunately it is fact that the best *technical* solution is not
always the best solution. After a week of working on SUSE I'm close to
ripping my eyeballs out with my bare hands (just how cumbersome is
YaST for software management?? Where did all my packages go??) But
that is the reality for this customer.

(BTW - I blame my frustration with SUSE on the fact I am unfamiliar
with it, before a gecko fan flambes me -- I'm still learning the in's
and out's)

Plus Zen interests me - this could spill over to the other thread
about software management

--
~sm
Jabber: mozrat at gmail.com