[Wolves] sshing to a machine from a phone

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:44:45 GMT 2005

On 24/11/05, David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> How do you ssh into a machine via a phone through a router/firewall?

I use putty on my phone. I have a Nokia 6600 and a 6680, both of which
do putty okay.

I also use shellinabox [1] installed at home which provides a rather
natty shell in a java applet in a browser window (or standalone) which
can allow you to bypass firewall rules and get out by sending the
shell type traffic over http/https. Very handy in the corporate
environ when you want to type a quick commad on a remote box.

Cheers,
Al.

[1] http://shellinabox.com/