[Wolves] Can anyone recommend a cheap, uncapped ADSL service?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:17:31 GMT 2005

On 30/11/05, James Rogers <phb01jdr at shef.ac.uk> wrote:
> Andy Wootton wrote:
>
> > I'm sorry to ask this one again but I've spent several hours going
> > round in circles.
> > I'm looking for an ISP that can meet the following criteria for my
> > son's student flat in Canterbury:
> >
> > Uncapped 2MB
> > No telephone. They have an incoming only phone line and don't want to
> > worry about splitting the bills (I know you can't have ADSL on an
> > incoming-only BT line but, actually, you can.
> > No cable TV service - it might interfere with their studenting
> > <= £20 pm, low/no startup fee
> > <= 12 month contract or he can move it to a different address. NTL
> > Cable do 9 months for students.
> > wires-only or an ADSL MODEM with an Ethernet interface - I've already
> > bought an ADSL/Cable wireless gateway
> > Web (uses web mail so doesn't need POP etc.), instant messaging, VOIP,
> > videoconferencing allowed.
> >
> > Nice-to-have:
> > Web space
> >
> > How hard can that be? Demon Home is the best I've found so far but
> > they include a modem we can't use and no web space. The old Demon
> > wires-only service would have been perfect. Can anyone suggest an ISP
> > that would do the above and provide a decent service?
> >
> > Woo

Have you approached Plus Net at all?  4 months down the line (or is it
5 now?) I'm more than happy.  £14.99 a month for 2mb with sensible
limits.  I've downloaded a few distros and had no hassles.  I'm using
the web all day long then my kids come home and they are using it
until about 10pm.  No connection fee either.  If you want more details
let me know.
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362