[Wolves] Too many cooks

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Sun Oct 2 02:49:42 BST 2005

> Ubuntu chose to pick one of everything. Unfortunately, it picked a
> Windows 'one big tool that does everything' model, Outlook clone as a
> mail and news client and calendar. I guess I want to be advised but not
> instructed on the best way forward.

I completely agree with the Ubuntu approach; presenting every
component of the complete user experience as something swappable means
that there *is* no user experience. In their defence, though, I
believe that they chose Evolution as the default mail client because
it is the Gnome default, and much integration work with the rest of
Gnome has gone on.

Aq.