[Wolves] ubuntu and linux upgrades

Bobby Singh bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 2 14:56:18 BST 2005

Hello,

I have Ubuntu 5.04 with updates.  I am looking foward
to  this months full release of Ubuntu 5.10 (with
klik).

Will i need to fresh install the new ubuntu or keep my
current one updated?  I have been advised not to do
full upgrade through synaptic.
During my mandrake days i used to upgrade all and it
went up to the new release.  But you then had
dependeiciy problems with a new release on top of an
old one.  So i used to do fresh install of new
mandrake releases.

Since i have been using ubuntu this is my first new
release and major upgrade.  Does it matter if i update
my current one or fresh install the new 5.10 (which is
what i am thinking about doing)?

Cheers

Bob