[Wolves] finding my roots

Rob Annable rob.annable at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 06:26:31 BST 2005

So, like half the people in this list, I've got a new install of
Ubuntu. There are a couple of things that I need to do that I don't
seem to be able to and my first guess is that it's because I'm not
logged in as root.

I don't think it asked me to set up a root password during the install
so I don't know what it is. I was just asked to set up the first admin
user.

When I amend some of the settings I get asked for an admin-user
password, which works fine with my login password - is this the same
as root in Ubuntu? Am I already at the right level? Surely if I was
logged in as root from the get-go I wouldn't have to keep re-typing a
password?

Rob

--
http://rob.annable.co.uk