[Wolves] laptop suitable for SuSE Linux

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:25:03 BST 2005

On 11/10/05, Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am hoping to get myself a laptop so I can keep in
> touch with mailing lists while I am away!!!
>
> I am thinking of a Toshiba or a Sony, anyone with
> experience of using Linux on them?? The SuSE hardware
> database only lists a handful IBM Thinkpads. It
> doesn't have to be SuSE I am happy to install another
> distro.
>
> When I search google the results are often about
> issues with laptops and Linux hence my question.
>
> Thanks for any pointers
>
> Cheers
>
> Mo

It depends upon how much you want to/are willing to/are able to spend
on a laptop.  If it's a new one and you pretty flush with the cash
then HP have just brought out a range that are specifically for Linux.
 I'd check their website for full details or even ask them directly.
I think they were touting particular suitability with Ubuntu.
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street
Cheslyn Hay