[Wolves] Laptop (and others) wish list

Simon B simonb at geek-web.co.uk
Tue Oct 11 14:58:32 BST 2005

<snip>

> > I just got a company one an inspiron something or other, now running
> > breezy, they wouldnt  get my ultrasparc laptop that I asked for.
>
> Am I missing something? when I logged in it took me to an
> adds page saying the
> next step was to sign up for one of the services, stuff that
> for a game of
> soldiers.

Ahh I missed a bit there I never went any further than the first page.
Try one of those email addresses that are only usable for thing like
signing up for stuff I forgot a good example I just use the e-mail
system on ircnet (mail.ircnet.org) but that’s me.
Damn marketing e-mails.

> > They aren't the smallest of boxes either to be honest heh.
> We had one of
> > these beautys die on us recently power surge caused by a
> cleaner (don’t
> > ask) blew all the disc's on it, such fun.
>
> We had a customer kept phoning every morning "Our Servers
> crashed again"
> turned out the cleaner was unplugging it for her hoover then
> plugging it back
> in.

We had that that’s how we found the UPS was not working, the company
didn’t want to forkout £15 for a UPS cable so we could manage it for
them, typical.

> > Never seen it to be really honest, I don’t even own a TV
> now only found
> > out about the quake this morning when someone came up to me and said
> > "isnt it terrible?" hadnt a clue what she was on about.
>
> You Philistine, you've not seen any of Peter Kay's work "How dare you"

I can honestly say I haven't, in terms of media I have my head under the
sand at the darkest corner of a very deep and far away cave.

Cheers,

SimonB