[Wolves] Ubuntu failed! I don't believe it!

Bobby Singh bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 11 22:29:08 BST 2005

Hello,

I been using ubuntu for ages after mandrake.  It was
good, stable always booted just what linux should do.
But today it could not boot-up 'X server'.  It gave me
the option to use the command line and log in as root.
 Today i was updating the system like it has done
loads time, creating new default grub options.  I did
today using synaptic tried to download varies
bluetooth apps, but they could'nt get my USB and
phone.  I have Nvidia graphics card so all i can think
of is that after it updated it did'nt like my Nvidia
and created conflicts.  Now i can't get into gnome
with all that work.  Good job 5.10 is out Thursady so
i can start a fresh.  I was shocked because this was
the first distro without major problems and all
worked.  I can't believe i'm writing this.
In the meantime what commands can i write in root to
get my X server configures and boot into gnome to get
to my work?

Cheers

Bobby