[Wolves] Dell

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Thu Oct 13 09:41:52 BST 2005

Simon B wrote:

> Yeah I know what you mean but, it’s a matter of principle.

The principle is you are giving Dell £50 so their marketing guys can say
this series has been a success in their press releases, and let's be
honest these machines are all about PR press releases which is why you
can't find them on the site without inside info.

> I'm already in the process of giving them some stick about the fact it costs more, but if I just buy a lappy with a windows license and format it etc, then they are not going to really know that there is a demand for non-windows laptops, even if it does cost more.

but you are paying a significant amount to tell them something their own
market research should sort out.

> Besides what could I do with a Windows OEM License if I don’t put Windows on it?

It's a sticker, you don't have to do anything with it when it costs -£50
;-)  are you the sort of person who unticks the discounts on the Dell site?

> Cheers,
> SimonB

sparkes