[Wolves] Dell

Simon B simonb at geek-web.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 10:19:20 BST 2005

Fair enougth,  I can see what you mean and I cant really argue with it so I just wont bother.

> > I'm already in the process of giving them some stick about
> the fact it costs more, but if I just buy a lappy with a
> windows license and format it etc, then they are not going to
> really know that there is a demand for non-windows laptops,
> even if it does cost more.
> >
> but you are paying a significant amount to tell them
> something their own
> market research should sort out.

Large'ish companies and market research are not usually things that go well together, which is another opinion but still meh. In the end it’s a matter of I just don’t want windows on the laptop nor those nasty stickers.

> > Besides what could I do with a Windows OEM License if I
> don’t put Windows on it?
> >
> It's a sticker, you don't have to do anything with it when it
> costs -£50
> ;-)  are you the sort of person who unticks the discounts on
> the Dell site?

Nope don’t untick boxes on anything but the support.

Cheers,
SimonB