[Wolves] Linux Server

David Goodwin dg at clocksoft.com
Fri Oct 14 18:10:46 BST 2005

> Squidguard come with SuSE 9.2 but on the DVD and not
> the cds

You appear to be asking a rhetorical question then :P

>>>2. Is it possible to network a 3 or 4 pcs to the
>>>server: two are runing windows, one running linux
>>>(mine :-)), one dual booting linux and XP?
>>
>>yes
>>

> Will I need a router, and connect it to the server? I
> already have so I might be able to press it into
> service?

Or a hub. If you really wanted you could have 4 network cards in the
server, and a cross over cable from one to the other. In reality it
would be easier to just use a dedicated hub or switch.

> I presume I could use SuSE Firewall2 but with extra
> tweaking?

Absolutely no idea, I'm not an active SuSE user, but I'm sure just about
all distro's firewall scripts/configurators will support NAT allowing
you to hide multiple computers behind one single public IP address (so
sharing the connection etc)

David.

--
David Goodwin