[Wolves] Linux Server

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 15 10:43:12 BST 2005

--- Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mo, all I can say is good luck with configuring
> Samba.  If you get a
> working script to connect to and from a Win2k box
> please let me have a
> look at it (with theobvious security bits blocked
> out of course).

I will, though I have to say that I am a beginner with
this stuf so it might be a while before I could give
you the script

> have been tearing my hair out trying to get my SuSE
> 9.3 box to allow
> me - an ordinary user to access my own files on the
> Win2k box.  I can
> get hold of them if I log in as root but not a
> normal user.  I've gone
> through the Samba book over and over again and
> tweaked this and that
> and still nothing :-((((  Something is not right and
> I haven't got a
> clue what it is.

Have looked (as root) on the user groups that you
belong to. There are options that you have to check to
make sure you get access to things. The default
settings are quite tight on SuSE. Use YAST to
configure the user's groups that they are allowed to
belong to.

HTH

Mo