[Wolves] Linux Server

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 10:48:42 BST 2005

On 14/10/05, Steve Parkes <sparkes at westmids.biz> wrote:

> On 14 Oct 2005, at 23:01, Kevanf1 wrote:
>
> > Mo, all I can say is good luck with configuring Samba.  If you get a
> > working script to connect to and from a Win2k box
>
> apt-get install samba?
>
> debian and ubuntu have both given configurations that work with
> WindowsXP (which is like 2k on proplus with a little makeup on) with no
> messing at all.
>
> sparkes
>
> PS chatted with jono on irc from the airport I was only saying
> yesterday how wierd it's getting this week I have chatted with people
> in moving cars, on trains and now waiting at the airport the net is
> everywhere.

Ah, now that is very interesting, cheers sparkes.  Time to pop the
Ubuntu disk in.... although, I've got a spare hard drive that is big
enough for Debian Sarge so I might give that another go.  It only fell
over last time because I was greedy and tried to install far too much
onto a tiny drive :-((((

Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street