[Wolves] realplayer and bluetooth

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 14:39:25 BST 2005

--- Bobby Singh <bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

<real player stuff>
Bleh, don't know, I don't use it and it just worked
when I did.
</real player stuff>

> I have an LG phone and i plug it into ubuntu with
> USB.
>  Using 'lusb' command it detects my LG phone.  What
> think is lacking is the software.

It knows there is a device there, it doesn't
necessarily know what it is or what to do with it.
What are you trying to do?

> Tryed gnome and kde
> bluetooth in synaptic but can't fing my USB and
> phone.
>  I configure them direct to my USB folder but find
> nothing.

I have no idea what you're on about here, it doesn't
make sense.

> So what is the best Bluetooth software
> that people use that works 'out-of-box'.

You know bluetooth and USB are 2 completely different
things don't you? You can't connect to a USB device
using bluetooth. You can connect to a mobile phone
using bluetooth if you have a bluetooth phone with
bluetooth switched on, a bluetooth adapter in your PC,
a bluetooth service running (bluez) and a bluetooth
client software. Under gnome I just installed all of
the gnome bluetooth applications.

If you want to connect to your phone using USB then I
don't know I've never done it. If it gets auto mounted
then bingo, if not then I dunno, search google.

If you have a bluetooth adapter, make sure bluez and
gnome-bluetooth are installed and then play with
gnome-bluetooth applications.

I also installed all of the desktop independent
bluetooth and obex stuff. Obex is somew kind of
protocol used by bluetooth to send stuff I think.

For Phone <--> PC synchronisation have a look at
multisync.

This is about as much as I know about bluetooth under
Linux so I can't tell you a lot more.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk