[Wolves] Scumbags Hack Xoops site

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri Oct 21 10:13:05 BST 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 09:45, Steve Parkes wrote:

> This is where you are wrong on the issue, good security needs to be
> designed in and not added afterwards

Hang on winkle nobody's wrong here its about choice and why you should and
shouldn't make a choice.

Lets be up front here I agree security or at least some implementation of
security should come first but every thing adds security on a regular basis
thats why we have Anti-Virus because idiots write new viruses so people like
Clam, Amavis etc right fixes (or alerts) after the events and not before.

Its not a good enough argument to say "Ah thats crap because you don't get a
patch until its been hacked" that can happen to anything.

> it's not about being amateur it's about being professional, an amateur
> should have a professional outlook if they are offering a product like this

You are an old grumpy git arnt you? We all have to start somewhere and
Professionalism is learned  over a period of time. how many times have you
seen people spouting off, producing junk initially, but over time their
output has got better and better, I don't know when these CMS packages hit
the streets but I presume they have been around for a while I have only just
come across them in the last three months and they impress me.

Maybe I have a low expectation, maybe I'm talking out my arse but the valid
point is I'm impressed which means I'll tell others about them and suggest
using them thats how things take off a bit like your T-Shirt venture for all
I know they may be made in a sweat shop in Lewisham with badly woven cotten
but I still think they look cool probably fit me OK and will make others want
one.

You amateur T-Shirt seller ;)
(You have to do six months to be professional)

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

"There is every excuse for not knowing,