[Wolves] Scumbags Hack Xoops site

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri Oct 21 10:21:13 BST 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 09:59, David Goodwin wrote:

> Hah! Unfortunately any large software project (the Linux kernel being
> one of the largest ever, in terms of lines of code) are incredibly
> complex, and it is just not possible for one person to have a in depth
> understanding of every nook and cranny. There will be patches to fix
> bugs and unfortunately security problems - the important bit is how the
> development process works - how quick these fixes applied ? How soon are
> they made availabe to the public ? How are they distributed to the
> public in a friendly manner (which encourages them to upgrade in a
> painless manner) etc.

But Dave me old china nobody is denying that. the accusation was all the
people behind Joomla and its derivatives don't do the above when that is not
true and an argument based on a fib falls flat on its face when its exposed.

I made the comparisons to other stuff to show that CMS's were being tarred
with a tainted brush.

> Regardless of the development methodology and amount of testing
> undertaken there will always be bugs. Testing will of course help reduce
> bugs, but can't eliminate them.

Yep I think I said something similar earlier.

Good this, bye bye Tumbleweed 8-)

--
Regards
Peter Cannon