[Wolves] Blue Gene/L IBM Super computer

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 06:28:51 GMT 2005

On 31/10/05, Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> You are right and that is exactly what IBM has done,
> but what the article does not make very clear is that
> IBM chose an open source operating system because it
> is supported by the community and normal users are
> familiar with it. Loads of articles on the net about
> IBM's choice. If this was M$ it would have been all
> over the news because the PR department would have
> made sure of that. Perhaps the Linux community needs a
> 'PR' function and some wealthy person to finance it.

Well this is really a failing of IBM then. They moved a lot of their
software business over to supporting Linux and providing consultancy
services for it.

And they invested $1 billion into Linux - is that wealthy enough for you? ;-)

It would have made sense for them to promote the fact that this
machine runs Linux

>From my experience with IBM they have never been the best promoters of
their products anyway, although recently some of their advertisments
haven't been too bad (Chap dropping laptop in coffee shop etc)

Whatever happened to the Eminem lookalike child who was supposed to
"be Linux" anyway?

--
~sm
Jabber: mozrat at gmail.com