[Wolves] 64bit SQL

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 18:49:35 GMT 2005

SimonB wrote:
>  Hi all,
>
> Bit of an erm.. Question, im probably just being naieve here, but what
> would the chages be in terms of actual development of the database.
>
> Ie could I just move over my data from an exsisting database or would it
> need tweaking etc or need some kinda of plugin/util to do so.
>
> Its just bugging me at the momment

At the _very_ worst you'd need to dump the data to SQL, and re-import it
(e.g. as you do when PostgreSQL changes it's internals).

The change from 32bit to 64bit shouldn't make any difference, unless the
database itself is a different version - e.g. Oracle X to Oracle X+1 -
in which case the vendor/supplier should give you upgrade instructions
if you need them.

I think,

David.

--