[Wolves] New Website design

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Tue Sep 6 18:26:16 BST 2005

> > Actually I dont get the black bars joining the
> popup
> > divs to the menu bar at the bottom either.
>
> Is that just in IE?

Sorry, they appear in IE but dont appear in
firefox/linux. I couldn't report it before because I
didn't know there were meant to be black bars, because
they didn't appear.

I dont know what version of IE it is, I've just shut
down the machine. If its important I'll check
tommorrow.

Just to add to the fun, with safari (2.0.1 on OSX
10.4.2) the "join" and "previous" links click through
to the mailman page. Then, if you click back, you get
the wolveslug page with the popup div visible. The
text boxes overlap the black border by one or two
characters.

With IE on the mac the "join" and "previous" links
fail to work at all (they dont even degrade to links
to mailman).

Firefox 1.0.6 on the mac (installed espeacially for
you) the popups work correctly, complete with black
bars, but the text boxes are wider then the black
border (exactly like they are under linux/firefox)

I bet you're wishing you never asked.

Thats 6 browser/operating system combinations tried, 6
different results, 1 successfull (2 if you count konq
degrading nicely). I think that explains why some
people design sites purely for IE/windows.

> Aq.

chris