More stuff, was Re: [Wolves] Give Away

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 12:58:45 BST 2005

--- Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/09/05, David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Actually I didn't know I just type where the
> cursor is.  But I will
> > try and remeber in future.  Ta for the info.
> >
> It just makes sense, David.  In a conversation a
> question is asked and
> then it is answered.  So it makes sense to post in
> the same manner :-)
>  Putting your reply first is known as top posting
> and some people get
> very shirty about it.... I should know, I have
> mistakenly done it
> myself in the past...

I have to point out that this way of doing things is
contrary to the way the rest of the world and most
email clients do things so you are not expected to
know. By default, most email clients and webmail
interfaces put you at the top with a new line between
you and the message to which you are replying.

Doing it the mailing list way makes it easier to read
for everyone when there a million different threads
going on with multiple posters.

Also snip out any email footers added by mail clients
or webmail services between the original mail and your
own comments. Just observe the way everybody else
writes their mail.

It's an art and nobody expects you to hit it on the
head from the word go without having it pointed out.

Give yourself a gold star :)

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk