Top Posting (was Re: More stuff, was Re: [Wolves] Give Away)

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 15:54:20 BST 2005

--- David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > >Doing it the mailing list way makes it easier to
> read
> > >for everyone when there a million different
> threads
> > >going on with multiple posters.

> In some circles though, it seems to me, your looked
> down on like scum
> if you don't already know these things.

I guess it can be like that and it really shouldn't.
As I have already said, the rest of the world does it
the other way and why would anyone think anything
different unless they had it explained.

> So Adam pointing this problem
> out so politely simply doesn't put my nose out of
> joint.  Consequently
> I am then informed, once informed I can pass the
> message on.
>
> I think it was the lo-tech guy at lug radio live who
> said that every
> one in the Linux community has something to offer.
> Newbies are Ideal guinpigs for new apps, web pages
> and improvements.
> If a newbie can use it with ease, then anyone can
> theory.
>
> Linux yearlings have enough experience to show
> newbies what they have learnt.
>
> Older linux users can teach yearlings what they have
> learnt and so on.

Too true my friend, too true.

> So all hale the Venerable Ron and his talk at the
> next lug meeting.;-)

Groan. I'm not going to be here :( Don't suppose
anyone want to record this in any kind of audio/visual
format? Pleeeeeeeeease.

Sob.

Ad

--