[Wolves] to all you python programers out there

David Morley davmor2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 08:54:10 BST 2005

I've noticed a bug in gmail-notify in breezy but I know nothing about
programming.  I would like to get it fixed as it's a useful little
program.  I have sent details of the bug to Ubuntu but they might be a
bit busy at the mo and it's a universe package.  This is the problem
as far as I can figure:

When you type in your Username and Password for gmail it is meant to
write them to a file. /home/x/.notifier.conf  where x is your boxes
username, however after running the prgram from console to try a track
the problem I found to my dismay that this file doesn't exist.

There are 4 maybe 5 programs that run to make this one app the first
displays the properties menu when this file is blank which saves the
results to the afformentioned file. The second then collects the info
from this file and sends it to gmail in order to logon.  There is
however a default of "" for username and password when there is no
file found.  So from what I can figure it is sending no login info to
gmail and therefore causing it to not login.  If it does login it
can't tell when you have new mail and just keeps flashing up the
message "login fail retrying"

The prgram is in python but I don't know how to program yet so can't
find the specific bug and was wondering if you kind Ladies and Gents
could have a look see and post the fix which could then be paced onto
Ubuntu.  The desktop most of us seem to enjoy.
--
Seek That Thy Might Know