[Wolves] Networking stuff.

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 15 17:35:14 BST 2005

--- Bobby Singh <bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> > In order to do so I need to get the following
> > preferably free.
>
> To be honest not too familar with network stuff as i
> had this stuff for an activity with people.  But
> cut-a-story short certain parameters have changed.
> So some of the stuff has come availble.
>
> > 1)  A base unit that is capable of running
> > smoothwall as a firewall/router pentium 1 150mhz
> > or faster

Yeah, I've got some. Not sure what though, but you're
welcome to them. I think there are 2 (100MHz and
120MHz I think). You can have them both if you want
them. 1 used to be my own firewall.

> > 2)  A network hub
>
> I think i have one, it has lots of ethernet sockets
> at the back.  It has '3com link Builder FMS11' at
the
> front.

It's a 24 port 10 Mb ethernet hub.

> > 3) may need a network card or two.
>
> Have quite a few Ethernet Adapter cards.  Some have
> me what looks like a TV-out Arieal and some not.  I
> need to keep some though.

The ones with the arial things are 10Mb ISA 3Com
Etherlink cards, I gave Bobby some PCI 100Mb D-Link
cards also. Both work under Linux. The arial things
are BNC connectors for co-axial cable, you don't need
to worry about them these days, it's how things were
done in the dark ages.

You can collect or I'll bring them to a LUG meeting.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk

http://blog.drinky.org.uk