[Wolves] i386 why bother.

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 09:46:59 BST 2005

On 15/09/05, David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know this will sound really silly but who in their right mind in
> this day and age would run Linux on an i386?   More to the point why
> should your much faster machine be slowed by the software on it?  You
> can not run a gui on i386 so why not improved the base standard to an
> i586 for arguements sake?
> --
> Seek That Thy Might Know

You could still run an mp3/ogg server on a 386.  As for no GUI?  Are
you sure?  One of the light desktops ought to run if you needed it (I
would).  Or for that matter you could simply use it as a document file
server perhaps purely for archival purposes.

Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street
Cheslyn Hay